Artisans on Main Souris
Member - Island East Tourism Group
As one of PEI’s largest churches built almost entirely of Island sandstone, the church sits on top of a hill, stately watching over the town of Souris. It was was built to a design of Island architect William Harris. It was first built in 1839, then in 1849, 1902-1903 and 1928 all because of interior and exterior fires. Even after the tragic history of fires throughout the years it has been restored to its former beauty. Rebuilt in 1903 by architect John Hunter.
© 2017 Island East Tourism Group, All Rights Reserved