Southeast Environmental Association’s 2nd Annual Winter Frolic Fundraiser
Harvey Moore Wildlife Sanctuary
Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 11:00am - 3:00pm
No results found for this timeframe (next 6 months from today).
The Harvey Moore Wildlife Sanctuary will be the setting for Southeast Environmental Association’s 2nd Annual Winter Frolic Fundraiser taking place on February 24th, 11am-3pm.
The family-fun event is hoping to draw a big crowd and will include:
- beautiful Belgian, horse-drawn sleigh rides, by MacLeod’s Sleigh Rides
- a chance to get up close to impressive birds of prey from Island Falconry Services
- an opportunity to try out snowshoeing with equipment provided by Eastern Sports and Recreation Council
- trying your hand at archery with Archery Tag PEI
- a snow sculpting demonstration by renowned local sculptor, Abe Waterman
Additional activities include:
- guided bird tours with a local birding enthusiast
- learning how to identify animal tracks in the snow
- seeing an ‘Animals of PEI’ display hosted by Dept. of Community, Lands & Environment
- taking a lesson in building a wilderness survival shelter
- learning how to build an owl nest (can purchase for $25)
- stream bugs’ display and indicator water testing by Holland College EAST students
- learning about winter photography with a local photography enthusiast
- the chance to win in a 50/50 draw
**Complete schedule of events will be posted ASAP, so stay tuned!
Vegetarian chili, hotdogs, hot chocolate and/or hot apple cider will be available for purchase.
Admission: Adult - $12, Under 12 - $7, and Family - $35 (4 max) each additional family member $5.